LAUNCH OF KANGATA CARE
Muranga county government has officially launched Kangata Care health programme, which aims at providing essential healthcare services and will cover 20,000 vulnerable households.
The Nhif program will have the following benefits:
- Comprehensive inpatient care in government hospitals and faith-based facilities
- Outpatient care in contracted health facilities
- Optical and dental care in government hospitals
- Last expense (burial expense) that is: kshs. 100,000 single claim
- For principal member, spouse or child kshs. 50,000single claim for main parent or parent in law
During the new year festivities, the County Government started issuing the special NHIF Supa cover cards where Ksh.162 million has been put aside to facilitate in funding of this care. H.E Irungu Kangata with his abled government acquired an ambulance that was donated to the Maragua Hospital to assist patients who require emergency medical assistant.