It was pomp and color as H.E Rigathi Gachagua the deputy president and leader from Muranga county, Led by Governor H.E Irungu Kangata held a fun-filled bursary day at ihura stadium.
Bursaries worth over Kes.150 million were handed to 20,000 school learners, whilst K.C.B, Family Bank, and Cooperative Bank contributed a sum of Kes. 30 million which would go towards the support of the orphaned pupils who excelled in their 2022 K.C.P.E examinations.
Deputy president H.E Rigathi Gachagua made a Kes 1 million donation as well as two close personal friends of Governor Irungu Kangata, entrepreneur of the Maguna franchise and Delmonte company did make a donation towards the bursaries.
Among the Bursaries, Scholarships, and Awards were given out Today include the:
- Ksh.15,000 Award to Position 1,2 and 3 in the 2022 KCPE from every Public School.
2. Wards Bursary across 35 Wards in Murang’a.
- County Scholarship Fund for Continuing Highschool Students under “Nyota Zetu” Program.
- Orphaned Children who performed Well in the 2022 KCPE.
- Best performing 2022 KCPE Pupils with Disabilities or whose Parents are Disabled.
Awards and Trophies:
- Best Primary School in every Ward.
- Best Primary School in every Sub-County.
- Best Primary School in Murang’a County.
The Best Performing Boy and Girl in the 2022 KCPE from Murang’a County Anne Wangui Kamau who got 422 Marks from Vidhu Ramji Primary School and Shadrack Mbugua Kinuthia who got 415 Marks from Gatanga Primary School.