KENYA REGISTERED COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSES – JG ‘H’TWO (2) POSTS
The Clinical Officer/CCC Nurse will be responsible for implementation of HIV/TB services at supported sites. S/he will oversee quality implementation of HIV care and treatment, PMTCT, TB and PITC programs.
- Diploma in clinical medicine and Surgery or Diploma in Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing. A bachelor’s degree in clinical medicine/Nursing – will be an added advantage.
- Registered with clinical officers’ council/ Nursing council of Kenya
- At least 3 years working experience in busy Comprehensive Care Clinic (CCC) or MCH
- Experience working with MOH/County Systems and personnel.
- Experience working in USAID/CDC funded projects is an added advantage.
- Good report writing and analytical skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in clinical mentorship
- Computer literacy, particularly in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access and Statistical Packages
- Be the leader of clinical services and ensure proper patient management is done in line with the National guidelines
- Ensure weekly multi-displinary team meetings (MDTs) are held to discuss complicated cases and minutes are available
- Conduct continuous HIV Quality Improvement (KHQIF) measures to assess the quality of HIV services and take lead in implementation of targeted interventions
- Conduct monthly continuous medical education for site staff and ensure the site attends central site CME
- Develop a site work plan for HIV/TB services in line with Annual Work Plan and HSDSA Cluster 3 scope of work
- Ensure the minimum package of HIV/TB care is implemented in line with the National guidelines
- Take the lead in attainment of the priority indicators for HIV care and Treatment, PMTCT, PITC and TB/HIV program
- Conduct HIV testing for patients with unknown status
- Ensure integration of ART services in TB clinic and MCH
- Ensure complete documentation and timely reporting
- Conduct any other duty as maybe prescribed by the supervisor
TERMS OF SERVICE
ONE YEAR CONTRACT – RENEWABLE
How to apply
Application forms and details of the vacancies can be accessed at www.murang’a.go.ke. Applications should be submitted to the Public Service Board clearly indicating the position applied for on the envelope addressed to:
Murang’a County Public Service Board
P.O. Box 52 – 10200
Applications can be hand delivered at the County Public Service Board Office located within the County Governor’s office, Murang’a on or before close of business on 28th June 2018
Applicants from other Counties are encouraged to apply.
- Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
- Women, minorities and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, clearance and other relevant documents in support of their applications.