12. CHIEF SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT OFFICER – JOB GROUP ‘M’ (one) 1 POST
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in compilation collation and analysis of Supply Chain Management data/issues from Department;
- Monitoring the implementation of the Supply Chain Management policies, guidelines and procedures issued by the Directorate of Supply Chain Management from time to time and recommending appropriate action where necessary;
- Planning, coordinating, organizing and controlling activities in Supply Chain Management unit in the County;
- Ensuring the correct interpretation and implementation of the Public Procurement and Disposal Act, 2005, the regulations, procedures and other statutes that impact on Supply Chain Management;
Requirements for appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- At least Five (5) years’ working experience in a relevant field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and Supplies Management, OR
Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following; Commerce, Business Administration, Economics, Marketing, Law or their equivalent from a recognized institution PLUS a Diploma in Supplies Management or its approved equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Be a Registered member with KISCM or CIPS.
- Be in possession of a valid practicing license.
- Demonstrated general administrative ability required for direction, control and implementation of public Procurement and Disposal Act.