11. MEDICAL OFFICER, J.G ‘M’ -10 Posts
Requirement for appointment
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery from a recognized by Medical practitioner and Dentist Board;
- Successfully completed one (1) year internship from a recognized institution;
- Registration license from the Medical Practitioner and Dentists Board;
- Certificate in Computer Application skills from a recognized institution.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Diagnosing, caring and treating diseases;
- Performing medical and surgical procedures;
- Preparing and responding to emergencies and disasters;
- Participating in management of medicine, medical instruments and equipment;
- Providing health education;
- Maintaining health records, health information and data;
- Counselling patients and their relatives on diagnoses and bereavements;
- Teaching and coaching medical students, nursing students and clinical officer intern;
- Preparing requisite documents for registration.