9. County Audit Committee Members Four (4) posts
County Audit Committee Members Four (4) posts
Pursuant to section 155 (5) of the Public Finance Management Act 2012 and Regulation No.167(1) of the Public Finance Management Regulations 2015; The County Government of Murang’a invites all interested and suitably qualified persons to submit applications to serve as members of its audit committee:
Requirements for Appointment
- Be a Kenyan citizen.
- Be a member, in good standing, of a professional body such as: IIA, ICPAK, CPSK, ACFE, LSK or any other relevant professional body.
- Possess at least an undergraduate degree from a recognized university in finance, economics, accounting, business administration or any other related field.
- One shall not be a past or present employee of Murang’a County Government, and shall not have served as an employee or agent of a business organization which has carried out any business with Murang’a County in the last Two years.
- Have at least 10 years of experience in public service. Experience in a devolved system of Government will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the object, principles and functions of the County Government.
- Possess a good understanding of government operations, financial reporting and auditing.
- Not a holder of a political office.
Duties and Responsibilities
For duties and responsibilities refer to our website (www.muranga.go.ke)
Terms of appointment:
- Members of the audit committee shall serve on a part-time basis for a period of three years and shall be eligible for reappointment for a further one term only.
- Allowances payable to the members of audit committee shall be determined by the salaries and remuneration commission.
How to Apply:
Written applications enclosing current Curriculum Vitae, Copies of Academic and Professional certificates and ID card should be submitted in a sealed envelope addressed to:
The County Secretary
County Government of Murang’a,
P.O. Box 52-10200
So as to be received on or before, 6th September, 2019. Only qualified and shortlisted candidates shall be contacted and any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
All applicants are required to obtain clearance from the following
- The Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI).
- The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
- The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
- The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original National Identity Cards, Certificates and Testimonials during the interview.
Murang’a County Government is an Equal opportunity employer, Youth, Women and Persons with Disabilities and other Disadvantaged persons are encouraged to apply.